Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Dreaded Desk Blog

Although my posts the next few days won't be as "thrilling" as my creative side would like, or as thought provoking as my intellectual side would prefer, they are EXTREMELY helpful to the practical/don't-go-crazy-over-little-things-that-don't-matter-as-much-as-the-people-I-love side of me. Thanks for sticking with us:)

Challenge #2 was to conquer the desktop clutter a.k.a my arch-nemesis.  Important note: Paper clutter is overwhelming to me. I run from it, intentionally avoiding it every time. Its the old "friend" that I avoid eye contact with across a crowed room OR if we are the only two in the room. You get the picture. 

I spend a lot of time at my desk studying, writing, blogging, face-booking, etc *usually*. This Christmas break I tried to be intentional with the time I spent with my husband and kiddos while they were home. Cuddling, watching movies, just watching them grow and growing us together as a family too. So my home sweet desk didn't get much attention other than to dump stacks of mail and a brief check of the calender now and again and RUN!

It was time to face my fear. Mission Accomplished!*with an addendum  to clean the monitor after :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I do good with the paper clutter, but I need to do computer screens too. Wonder where those cloths are..

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I don't have a desk... well, we have desks, in the older 2 boys' rooms, but I don't.... we use our laptops. HOWEVER, my bar and my kitchen table are catch-alls for paper. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete