Friday, January 7, 2011

Everything but the kitchen sink...well, at least everything under it.

Boy, have I been busy with some of the YUCKY tasks this week. No, not the toilets thankfully. Its like Toni (over at A bowl full of lemons) is taunting me with my most avoided chores of all time through this challenge. My husband on the other hand is lovin' it. Get ready for some quick photo blogging peeps- I've got more organizing and cleaning to do!


Here's what I was up to on Day #5 of  the "Getting Organized Challenge": Under the Kitchen Sink  


I have been avoiding this spot since we moved in due to some water damage that has since been "repaired". It is still needing a bit more attention that won't happen until we begin refinishing the cabinets. Also, well, because its just UGLY.  My expectations are just on this side of not UGLY for the after results but at least it will not be on the "Throw it in there with your eyes closed and close the cabinet -QUICK!" list
BEFORE:(still can't believe I am showing you all this)
After a good scrubbing, some organizing, and some shelf liner- It's better. It's still not pretty but at least I am not avoiding it anymore.And....it is just under the kitchen sink right?!
AFTER:
 

Now what about you? C'mon you can do it too!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at this. I definitely feel that way about our bathroom cabinet which also has repaired water damage. I think shelf liner would be just the ticket.. if I can bring myself to open my eyes. :D Good job Alice!

    ReplyDelete